Monday, November 21, 2011

Blog Post #14

Top Ten Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom by Jose Picard

This was exciting to see in the blog post assignment. I had previously watched this video. When I was coming up with a blog post for blog post assignment 12 I was going to use this video not realizing it was already assigned. Jose Picardo had some very neat tricks when it comes to incorporating technology in the classroom.


Students do enjoy music. It helps keep then intrigued. Using teleconferencing tools can encourage students to communicate with others all over the world. Students’ involvement in the lessons is very important. If a student is involved, then you know they are learning. To make this possible you can create interactive exercises. To keep students working to their full potential can have them creating a log or wiki. This way their work is being published for others to see and students are striving to do their best work.
Social networks can allow students and their peers to communicate. There is controversy over some networks, but if used appropriately they can be very useful. The internet offers so much; therefore we might as well use it.
In Jose Picardo’s video he talks about many parts of technology that can help teachers in the classroom. They are all things that will spark a student’s interest. I think if teachers would use these tips in their classroom they would see an increase in the students’ attention during a lesson. I will be sure to incorporate these tools in my lessons.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Whitney. Picardo's blog was full of great ideas. I am really glad he shared all these resources with other teachers. I know I will be incorporating technology in my classroom too. While I understand the controversy over using Facebook and Twitter in the classroom, I found both to be so helpful in this class. I network with other students and teachers, share ideas and get new ideas and I think students could learn a lot too, if they are taught from the beginning how to use these sites effectively. I agree with what you said about this kind of technology engaging the students. Not only will it spark their interest, but it will make them much more productive to have necessary resources at their fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney,

    Resources are so important as we continue our journey towards becoming educators! I am glad you found these sites useful.

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete