Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Post #12

For Blog Post Assignment 12, I am able to create my own assignment. I found a video where they are discussing technology in the classroom. I would have the students of edm310 watch the video and give their opinion. It is a video that is on 2 minutes and 7 seconds. Even though it is short you get to see students using technology and also the opinion of a teacher is given. So please watch Integrating Current Technology as discussed in Donna Walker-Tileston's Ten Best Teaching Practices.

When I was in elementary, middle, and high school I did not really get the chance to use technology. I had 2 computer classes over all. Some of my teachers had a SMART board that they never used, and were not familiar with. It was unfortunate that it went to waste for that time. I have a little sister that is 5 and is aware of how to do things on a SMART board. Her teacher uses it in the classroom everyday. In this video you can see a teacher who is using a smart board and students can get involved in the assignment. The students choose a tile and dragged it to its appropriate place depending on I were a reptile or mammal. The teacher also says she is able to create quizzes, food chains, Venn diagram, and make corrections to a power point if she were to forget something. They can also create organizers. There is just an endless amount of possibilities. Why would a teacher not want to have access and use a SMART board in the classroom? After making an instructional video on using the SMART board I really enjoy using it. If I were give the opportunity to use the smart board in my classroom, I would try and use it to it’s full potential.


3 comments:

  1. Whitney,

    I agree that this point is important in EDM 310, but don't many previously assigned videos already state this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct that other assignments have made this point. The thing I like most about this video was getting to see the students using the SMART board. Even though we all know that a SMART board is helpful, we might not know its full potential. I would have liked to find a video that showed more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree that previous assignments made this point. This was also a good video though. The SMART board has a lot of features and I'm sure we all haven't mastered everything about it, so it can't hurt to learn more.

    ReplyDelete