Sunday, October 2, 2011

C4K Summary Post (September)

C4K #1

My comment was to Kaylee who wrote a biopoem about herself. We had some things in common. We both consider ourselves to be fun, loving, and athletic. Kaylee had goals that she set for herself that I hope she will reach. She knew exactly where she wanted to attend college and that she wants to own her own vet clinic in Colorado. She loves the summer and to read. She seems like a very motivated child and I hope she continues forward on the right track. I think Kaylee has a bright future ahead of her.

C4K #2

This video was called “First Day Success.” This classroom of students were given iPads and learned how to do some neat things on them. In my comment I told the students they should feel very privileged to have this opportunity. I also said that hey first day would not be the only successful day.

C4K #3

I had to leave a comment on a video from the students of St. Elmo. In the video each kid held a picture up of themselves and stated something that they had in common with the rest of the students from their class. They also each named a fact about themselves that made them different from every other student. I enjoyed the video and thought this was unique. Students learn that they all have something in common with each other, but they are also unique individuals. Each characteristic, the common and different one, made each student special.

C4K #4

In this post Kali posted the top 5 places she would recommend to visit. She chose some very neat places including: Empire State Building, Figge Art Museum, Capitol Reef National Park, 2010 Olympic Stadium, and West Edmonton Mall. I have never been able to visit any of these places. She also asked for recommendations in a response to her post, therefore I suggested three places. I suggested Dubai, San Alfonso Del Mar and the Eiffel Tower. Dubai is the holder of the tallest building in the world. San Alfonso Del Mar has the world’s biggest pool. The Eiffel Tower just has a one of a kind view. I hope one day both Kali and I get to visit these places.

2 comments:

  1. All these kids sound cool. I bet it was a lot of fun to read and listen to all of the thoughts.
    Your first comment sounds almost inspirational a kid who knows what they want to do, I already have a degree and am back for a second one and still have no idea what I really want to do. I'm kind of jealous.
    C4K2 sounds nice as well, I am really just now figuring out how much the iPad can do for a classroom. I have only played with the first generation on a Best Buy display, so I really don't have a handle on their full potential.
    C4K#3 I also left a comment on and that was one of my favorite comments to leave. It was nice to see how the kids were realizing that they can be different and the same all at one time.
    C4K4 is one after my own heart. I love to travel might I also add a few places I have already seen: Fiji, Australia, Hawaii. A couple that I would love to visit myself: Ireland, Mt. Fuji (Tokyo, Japan), The Colosseum (Rome, Italy)
    Altogether I think that the C4Ks are my favorite parts of this class just being able to see what the future has in-store for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    An interesting list of places to visit. A theme emerges!

    Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete